Let’s face it, facility managers have a never-ending list of things that need tracked, jobs that need completed, and meetings to attend. But, even though you have a heavy work load you don’t have to feel overwhelmed. Facility management software makes your jobs easier and as an added benefit, it solves some major problems that organizations face on a daily basis.
Conquer Your Mountain of Paperwork
Most organizations have massive amounts of paperwork that needs filed and multiple computer systems that store different types of information. This makes it difficult to find information you need, makes it hard for employees to collaborate on projects, and wastes a lot of time. When you use web-based facility management software, like BMSI’s webDPW, you don’t have to access multiple systems to find the information you need and compare reports. In addition, because the software is web based, you can access the information you need from any device with a web browser and Internet connection. By having all of your organization’s files stored in the same place, it’s easier to complete numerous tasks including:
- Tracking your organization’s assets
- Scheduling routine maintenance
- Assigning and tracking work orders
- Storing building documentation that’s necessary to obtaining LEED certification
- Track employees’ productivity
- Create employee schedules
- Ensures that all employees are viewing the same information
Increase Productivity and Cut Costs
Multiple computer systems and mountains of paperwork can lead to an unorganized mess, which could result in miscommunication or lost items. Using facility management software helps you stay organized and gives everyone access to the same information. This way, everyone knows what needs done throughout the day and they can see which work orders are currently in progress.
Some other ways facility management software save you time and money include:
- Able to compile detailed risk management reports
- Schedule routine tasks—complete project plans or simple tasks like changing a light bulb—so that you can avoid costly repairs in the future
- Track your inventory so that you don’t over order and always have the needed supplies on hand
- Track the operating cost, fuel, repairs, and maintenance for every vehicle, as well as adjust for depreciation
- Create a service request to have a situation assessed before sending a complete crew or repair technician to the location
Creating quarterly or annual budgets isn’t easy when you don’t have all of the information you need readily available. Not only does facility management software give you access to building and asset information you might need to include in your report, the software keeps track of all of your costs, invoices, and receivables, making it easy to stay on top of your organization’s finances.
In addition, you can use your risk management reports to determine which issues are a high priority and which problems won’t cost your organization additional money if they are put off until the next quarter.
Ultimately, facility management software doesn’t only make your job easier, it makes the entire organization run like a well-oiled machine and it save money. When you’re ready for a quote or you’d like more information, contact BMSI.