Our intuitive yet powerful fund accounting and budget preparation module takes the complexity out of entering, maintaining, tracking and reporting detailed financial data. The combination of visually appealing data entry screens, well-defined user features, and quick access to on line help make data management easy. Manage financial strategies with on demand, system compiled budget information, including actual current to budget position comparisons.
- Online Batch System functionality provides authorized users with a view of financial transactions as entries are made, before posting. An edit list is available for previewing entries. Necessary corrections can be made without adjusting entries.
- Fund Accounting offers variable level account structuring, user-defined journaling, encumbrance accounting, audit trails, deferred revenue transactions, on screen inquiries and multiple reports.
- Check Reconciliation allows tracking of deposits, bank statement verification, cash account maintenance, adjustments, check listings, inquiries, and mass reconciliation.
- Budget Preparation features are available for development of the next year’s budget, using current and previous figures, actual expenditures, and what if scenarios without closing the old year. Prepare audits, allocations, worksheets, and extended budgets.
- Purchase Order control, with built in flexibility, helps users maintain, track and update vendor orders on the fly. Gain control of shipments to single or multiple locations including those with quantity variances. Post receivables in their entirety or by line item. Create supplier classifications.
- Treasurer’s Cash Receipts, allows you to automatically manage cash receipts by department with automatic due-to’s and due-from’s.
- Reports can be output in standard and/or user-defined format, summary or detail, print form or on screen viewing.
- System Compliance adheres to government accounting standards.
BMSI Purchasing Information Management System
BMSI helps you manage your finances in tough times!
Save Time – Save Money – Increased Security
Do you know the status of your PO or Invoice?
Who needs to approve?
Who has already approved?
Where is the request in the process?
Notes & comments stored for easy lookup
Find documents with quick OCR search capabilities
E-mail documents, POs, invoices
Pay via bank transfers
Download our brochure on the Purchasing Information Management System to learn more and to see a walk-through on how the program can help different users.
BMSI Fund Accounting Software gives you the tools you need to create and analyze your budgets including the power of Microsoft Excel.
After creating the budget file the way you want it, export the file to Excel where you can easily manipulate the various items. When the adopted budget is complete, BMSI Fund Accounting will re-import the Excel spreadsheet with the adopted budget numbers.
The BMSI Cash Receipts module is an easy way of keeping track of income by department.
Cash Receipts allows the user to merge receipts into BMSI fund accounting without posting first!
For those who are using an older version of BMSI Cash Receipts the major upgrades include the following: New user interface designed for greater ease of use
Automatic assignment of receipts to the proper “Due-to” and “Due-from” accounts in BMSI fund accounting. Due-to’s and from’s can have multiple entries created in the automatic assignment of funds.
Multiple journals can be created by use. For example the building department can have one journal open while the recreation department has another journal open
BMSI Fixed Asset System
This easy-to-use fixed asset system gives you the capability of managing your fixed or capital assets to be in compliance with GASB 34.
Depreciation – Choose your depreciation method and calculate depreciation at the click of a mouse
GASB 34 Compliant
Automate your Fixed Asset Process
Track your Fixed Assets for inventory control
Know the current value of your assets
Provides detailed accounting information
Assets may be looked up by a variety of criteria
Comprehensive set of reports with user definitions
The Fixed Assets Module Integrates Fully with BMSI’s Financial System